Teledyne Technologies Global Trade Compliance Analyst, Licensing (Hybrid) in Elkridge, Maryland
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Licensing Analyst works with internal stakeholders to assess international business requirements, identify, draft and prepare export/import license applications in accordance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) with focus on Technical Assistance and Manufacturing License Agreements (TAA/MLA), as well as Export Administration Regulations (EAR) export licensing. This individual may be additionally assigned role of Empowered Official if capability is demonstrated. The position is located in Billerica, MA, Elkridge, MD, or Wilsonville, OR.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Review business requirements to identify what export/import authorizations are required in compliance with ITAR and EAR
Draft and prepare agreement and license applications to the U.S. Departments of State and Commerce using OCR EASE Global Trade Management System
Conduct peer reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness of license and agreement applications in accordance with regulations and company policies
Manage post license requirements to ensure compliance with authorization approvals and conditions including:
Identify training needs, develop, and deliver Export compliance training based on government regulations, program, and company requirements.
Adjudicate and document the eligibility of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions for specific business transactions
Assist in the creation and implementation of standard procedures, work instructions and written guidance
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a related discipline preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in global trade licensing or related field
• Previous experience in a similar capacity with a high tech/defense firm with large volumes and licensing agreements.
• Knowledge of ITAR and EAR licensing requirements (USML Category XII and ECCN Category 6 preferred)
• Strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Able to serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
• Able to constructively work under stress/pressure when faced with multiple deadlines and workloads; able to make sound and timely business decisions.
• Able to work independently and constructively with limited supervision.
• Strong time management, organization, and program management skills.
• Reputation for, and absolute commitment to, integrity and professionalism.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong presentation skills.
•Strong computer skills: OCR EASE, DECCS, SNAP-R, MS Office, MS Teams and SAP
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
You may not realize it, but Teledyne enables many of the products and services you use every day .
Teledyne provides enabling technologies to sense, transmit and analyze information for industrial growth markets, including aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, energy, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.